WARREDOC is the Water Resources Research and Documentation Center - established at the Università per Stranieri di Perugia (UNISTRAPG) since 1985 - developing research, advanced training and scientific communication in the field of water, environment and disaster risk management. WARREDOC is innovation, applied research and communication for technology transfer and sustainable development in the field of water.
The Mission of the WARREDOC – strictly integrated into the UNISTRAPG’s strategy – is to promote scientific and cultural advancement in the field of water by means of multidisciplinary and multicultural international academic programs, scientific exchange and dissemination supporting cultural diversity, gender equality and providing scientific and financial support for developed and developing countries.
Governance and Scientific Boards
The WARREDOC institutional governing, management and scientific bodies are:
- Management Board (“Consiglio Direttivo”)
- Scientific Committee
- Administrative Secretary
Fernando Nardi was appointed WARREDOC’s Director on January 27th, 2016.
The Management Board (“Consiglio Direttivo”)
- Fernando Nardi (Director)
- Fabrizio Focolari (Administrative Secretary)
- Federica Guazzini
The Scientific Committee
- Fabio Castelli, University of Florence
- Roberto Deidda, University of Cagliari
- Aldo Fiori, University of Roma Tre
- Dianella Gambini, Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Salvatore Grimaldi, University of Tuscia
- Federica Guazzini, Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Marco Marani, University of Padova
- Fernando Nardi, Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Leonardo Valerio Noto, University of Palermo
- Maria Cristina Rulli, Polytechnic University of Milano
- Elena Volpi, University of Roma Tre
- Antonio Annis , Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Francisco Febronio Peña Guerra , Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Elena Quadri , Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Marco Rapaccini, Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Andrea Spasiano , Università per Stranieri di Perugia
The Administrative Team
- Fabrizio Focolari, Università per Stranieri di Perugia
- Simonetta Farinelli, Università per Stranieri di Perugia
WARREDOC signed an agreement with Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale (ISPRA) aimed to elaborate scientific communication plans in the Mediterranean area for the The Regional Activity Centre for Information and Communication (INFO-RAC) based on Digital mapping tools, WebGIS, Storytelling and citizen engagement
The Institute of Water and Environment of the Florida Internatial University (FIU) and Università per Stranieri di Perugia formalized collaborative efforts to address global water and environmental challenges. The two universities signed a memorandum of understanding to for developing academic, scientific and cultural programs.
WARREDOC and the Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU) organized series of scientific seminars, meetings, educational and training initiatives (e.g. Study Abroad programmes) in the field of water resource management, geography, climate and the history.
WARREDOC is involved with Delft University of Technology in the Climate-KIC program with an agreement concerning implementation of the project Polder Roof Field Lab, specifically carrying out the evaluation of suitability of the polder roofs experiments in Italy, the project monitoring, and dissemination.
WARREDOC worked with Regione Lazio and the former Autorità di Bacino del fiume Tevere (now the Autorità di bacino distrettuale dell’ Appennino Centrale) for the development of an applied research project concerning the use of GIS and 2D hydraulic modelling for flood risk management and mapping of the Tiber river upstream of the city of Rome (Orte-Castel Giubileo domain).
Warredoc and Associazione Terra di Amatrice Onlus signed an agreement to support the communication and promotion of the Association, actively engaged in the post-seismic reconstruction of the city of Amatrice. The agreement also provides university scholarships for local students.